Ashfield FilmFest 2017 Contest Rules
1. The Ashfield FilmFest is now requiring all content to be submitted in HD format. Please submit full resolution copies of your movie as a data file on either a thumb drive or on a data DVD (not like a DVD that plays in your entertainment center). Please bear in mind that these are non-returnable. We accept .mov or .m4v files. Click here for more about the submission format.
Submit the video with entry form (right-click link to download the PDF file) by mail to: Ashfield FilmFest, P.O. Box 337, Ashfield, MA 01330 on a USB drive or Data DVD.
2. Entries must be five minutes or less.
3. Anyone can enter, but videos must have some connection to the town of Ashfield, Mass (please see FAQ’s for more details)
4. Entries must be suitable for general audiences. The festival is an event geared towards a general audience from 5 to 105 years old. Therefore all films submitted must conform to a PG rating as defined by the Motion Picture Association of America. There may be some mild profanity but gratuitous violence, overt sexual behavior, depiction of drug use and nudity are not permissible. Dress that is suitable for public places (ie: the beach) is acceptable. The final decision on eligibility is at the sole discretion of the Ashfield Film Festival judges
5. One entry per person please!
6. Music [songs] or Musical Score must be Original, Public Domain or used with written permission of the Copyright Holder.
A vast wealth of recorded music exists out there that can be used for free. Sites like www.mobygratis.com or www.rumblefish.com are a great source for independent and non-profit filmmakers and film students to obtain a license free of charge. You can also try searching the internet with terms like: Fair Use Music, Public Domain Music, Fair Use Songs.
The FilmFest committee is happy to assist you in finding these and will answer your questions. Contact Us.
7. Full written permissions, including the participants, copyrighted materials and music must be submitted with the entry to be considered for inclusion in the FilmFest.
8. Entrants retain all copyrights for their materials
9. Submissions must be received on or before Monday, August 14th, 2017, by 5 PM and should be on a USB drive.
For additional questions or information about submissions, click here to email us.