Ashfield FilmFest 2012 Contest Rules
1. Anyone can enter, but videos must have some connection to the town of Ashfield, Mass (please see FAQ’s for more details)
2. Entries must be suitable for general audiences.
The festival is an event geared towards a general audience from 5 to 105 years old. Therefore all films submitted must conform to a PG rating as defined by the Motion Picture Association of America. There may be some mild profanity but gratuitous violence, overt sexual behavior, depiction of drug use and nudity are not permissible. Dress that is suitable for public places (ie: the beach) is acceptable. The final decision on eligibility is at the sole discretion of the Ashfield Film Festival judges.
3. One entry per person please!
A vast wealth of recorded music exists out there that can be used for free. Sites like www.mobygratis.com or www.rumblefish.com are a great source for independent and non-profit filmmakers and film students to obtain a license free of charge. You can also try searching the internet with terms like: Fair Use Music, Public Domain Music, Fair Use Songs.
The FilmFest committee is happy to assist you in finding these and will answer your questions. Contact Us
6. Full written permissions, including the participants, copyrighted materials and music must be submitted with the entry to be considered for inclusion in the FilmFest.
7. Entrants retain all copyrights for their materials
8. Two non returnable DVD copies must be submitted by mail to:
P.O. Box 337
Ashfield, MA 01330
9. Submissions must be postmarked on or before August 31st, 2012
For additional questions or information about submissions, click here to email us.